Sunday, April 20, 2014

Silhouette Study Garment



My research topic is flora and fauna, and I always think each animal or plants represent a character or several. This dress is inspired by swan. Swan is noble and graceful, which make me associate with Queen. They has the similar characters, which both are elegance and holding a cold attitude standing at high status. To show those characters, I design the silhouette that is close-fitting to body to show the nature shape of female body, with high collar and shower curtain as material to show cold personality. 

The self-made texture was discovered by accident. Firstly, I want to iron the shower curtain to make it flat, but I heard somethings melting, then I saw this texture comes out. Two layers of curtain was melting and sticking together. I was amazed by it, and I think it can make the model more sexy, mystery and icy, which is also the feeling the Queen gives us. I may discover and apply some self-made texture on unconventional material in my final project.

Another very useful tech I learned is creating new pattern on basic pattern, and I will also use in my final project. It will be very helpful, because I can imagine the shape of my final garment will be bizarre according to my topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment